WELCOME TO MY ENGLISH BLOG GUYS

Tuesday 23 August 2022

INTERRUPTING PEOPLE

Interrupting People in English

In a conversation, sometimes you need to interrupt another person who is speaking to disagree with their point or to ask for clarification. Below are some useful phrases and expressions for interrupting people politely in English.

Excuse me for interrupting, but…

 Sorry for interrupting but….

 May I interrupt for a minute?

 May I say something here?

 Can I stop you there for a moment?

 Just a moment, I’d like to….

 Sorry, Could I just mention that…

 I don’t mean to intrude, but . . .

 May I have a word?

 Excuse me, but…

 Do you mind if I interrupt you?

 Sorry, I didn’t catch that, is it possible to repeat the last point?

 While that is an important point, it’s also important to add…

 If you don’t mind, I’d like to mention something.

 Sorry to butt in, but may I just ask…

 Before we move on to the next point, may I add…?

 Before you move on, I’d like to say something.

 Do you mind if I jump in here?

 If I could just come in here. I think….

 Can I just add something here?

No comments:

Post a Comment