WELCOME TO MY ENGLISH BLOG GUYS

Tuesday 23 August 2022

ASKING and GIVING PERMISSION

 Asking and Giving Permission in English

When asking and giving permission in English, you can use below phrases and expressions:

Asking for permission:

 Can I use your pen, please?

 Can I sit here?

 Is it okay if I sit here?

 Can I ask you a question?

 May I use your computer?

 May I come in?

 Can I take a look at your book?

 Do you mind if I turn down the TV?

 Do you mind if I use your phone?

 Would you mind if I opened the window?

 If you don’t mind, I’d like to smoke.

 I wonder if I could borrow your car for a few days.

 Would it be all right if I borrowed your phone?

Giving permission:

 Sure.

 Sure, go ahead.

 No problem.

 Yes, you can.

 Please feel free.

 I don’t mind.

Refusing permission:

 I’m afraid not.

 I’m afraid, but you can’t.

 I’m sorry, but that’s not possible.

 No, you cannot.

 You couldn’t do that.

 Sorry, you are not permitted.

Klik Ungkapan Lainnya Guys Making suggestions and giving advice

No comments:

Post a Comment