WELCOME TO MY ENGLISH BLOG GUYS

Tuesday 23 August 2022

CHECKING FOR UNDERSTANDING and ASKING FOR CLARIFICATION

Checking for Understanding and Asking for Clarification in English

Here are some common phrases and expressions you can use to express your lack of understanding and ask for clarification in English.

Checking for Understanding:

 Do you understand?

 Are you following me?

 Do you understand what I mean?

 Do you understand what I’m saying?

 Any questions?

 Got it?

Expressing lack of understanding:

 I don’t get it.

 Sorry, I didn’t get your point.

 What do you mean?

 I’m not sure I got your point.

 I beg your pardon, but I don’t quite understand.

 I don’t quite follow you.

 I’m sorry. I don’t understand what you mean.

 Sorry, I didn’t quite hear what you said.

Asking for clarification:

 Could you clarify that, please?

 Could you explain that, please?

 What do you mean by that?

 Could you say that again, please?

 Could you repeat, please?

 Could you put it differently, please?

Clarifying:

 Sorry, let me explain…

 Let me clarify it for you…

 To put it differently…

 Let me put it in another way…

Showing Understanding:

 I see.

 I understand.

 I got it.

 Ok, I got what you mean.

 I understand what you mean.

Pilih disini juga:

Expressing Regret

Congratulations and Best Wishes

Expressing Obligation

Expressing Indifference

Interrupting people


No comments:

Post a Comment