WELCOME TO MY ENGLISH BLOG GUYS

Tuesday 23 August 2022

EXPRESSING REGRET

Expressing Regret in English

Below are some useful expressions and structures to use when you want to express your regret about something that you did or did not do.

I wish/If only + Past perfect

 I wish I had come to your party!

 I wish I had worked harder.

 If only I hadn’t eaten so much.

 If only I had driven more carefully.

I should have (not) + Past Participle

 I should have come to your party.

 I should have worked harder.

 I shouldn’t have eaten so much.

 I should have driven more carefully.

I regret +Noun/V-ing

 I regret not coming to your party.

 I regret not working harder.

 I regret eating so much.

 I regret leaving you alone.

 I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment