WELCOME TO MY ENGLISH BLOG GUYS

Tuesday 23 August 2022

GIVING BAD NEWS

Giving Bad News in English

In case you have to give bad news to someone, you can use the following English phrases and expressions:

Giving bad news:

 I’m afraid I’ve got some bad news for you…

 I’m so sorry but…

 I’m sorry to have to tell you that …

 I know this isn’t what you want to hear but…

 I’m afraid to inform you of …

 It is my unfortunate duty to tell you that …

 I really feel bad to have to say this, but …

 I really don’t know how to say it, but …

Responding to bad news:

 I’m sorry to hear that…

 You must be feeling terrible …

 That’s awful!

 Too bad!

 Poor you!

 Please, accept my deepest sympathy.

 Anytime you need to talk, just call me …

 If there’s anything I can do, just let me know…


No comments:

Post a Comment